Tomasz K. (TK02)
Tomasz is a young and ambitious employee who has worked in both Poland and Austria. During 2 years of working in Austria, he was involved in interior finishing works, i.e. painting, puttying and installation of windows. When he went to college, he started working in Poland. Together with his brother, they started a company that dealt with car mechanics and painting. Tomasz has Norsok M501 and painter-sandman certification. He speaks English proficiently, German at A2 level and Norwegian at A1 - he is undergoing a language course.
Tomasz's greatest dream is to work on offshore platforms. He graduated in this field and is successively pursuing his dream. In the near future he wants to live and work in Norway. He wants to have a prestigious job, but understands that he needs to continue developing professionally for many years.
TOTAL YEARS: 5
- Painting industrial machines, sandblasting
- Surface Preparation - Sa 2½ degree
- Taking care of cleanliness and advertising
- Painting advertising constructions
- Utilizing special safety equipment such paining googles
- Using viscosity cups and thickness gauges to measure
- Preparing ventillation after paint is applied
- Mixing finishes according to formulas using technology
- Workshop and shop management
- Launching new products
- Expanded experience in mechanics and programming
- Preparing painting surfaces by washing walls and removing old paint
- Mixing, matching and applying paints and other finishes to various surfaces
- Painting large steel constructions, e.g. bridges
- Training new crew members
- Gaining general construction experience
- Using different sandblasting machines and aggregatese
- Cleaning surfaces prior to layering paint
- Disposal of chemical waste in a safe way
- Paining small items and doing touch-ups
While in Austria, Tomasz gained experience in finishing works, i.e. window installation, painting, puttying and repairs. Additionally, he deals with car mechanics. He reads technical drawing well and is very motivated to gain further experience.
Tomasz is proud of his degree and OFFSHORE DRILLING specialization. He knew what he wanted to do in the future since high school and he is gradually pursuing that goal. He wants to work on offshore drilling rigs - it is his greatest dream. He is currently learning Norwegian, since he wants to live in this country someday.
English - C1
German - A2
Norwegian - A1
Bachelor of Arts - Petroleum Engineering, specialization - offshore drilling
- Painter - sandman certificate
- Norsok M501 requirements
- Permission to work on heights >3m
Tomasz owns a Kawasaki motorbike and enjoys riding on it. He inherited this passion from his brother. When he was younger, Tomasz graduated with honors and his parents helped him obtain a driving license, whereas his brother taught him how to ride a motorbike.